How to Have the Best Skin on Your Wedding Day
The secret to looking radiant on your wedding - be happy! If you're happy from within and enjoying yourself, it shows on your face and you'll have that happy glow.
Don't worry about 'losing weight' or any other jazz like that - it's your day and you just don't need to deal with that kind of negativity (or pressure!)
We have a few nuggets that can help you - they are really simple and easy to follow. But what you really need to be - is happy!
Here are a few do's and don'ts of healthy eating that you can follow.
- Drink lots of...water!
- Start your day with a glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice - better yet do 4 glasses
- Eat well - between all the shopping and planning, try to fit in three meals and two snacks besides roasted nuts, fruits and steamed food in an entire day
- A heavy breakfast is really important during this time. Try to include wholegrain cereals, sprouts and fruits in your breakfast
- Carrots, apricots, yellow & orange fruits and tomatoes are great for healthy and glowing skin
- Cut down on salt intake as it causes some amount of bloating. Do the same for dense carbs…yep that means goodbye tasty butter naan till reception night. Stick to protein rich sources such as quinoa.
- Nothing like reaching out to the experts- see a cosmetic skin specialist for a quick treatment or if tight on budget just look up youtube for some great at home skin treatments
- Avoid alcohol and smoking completely- Ok this rule we had to write because that’s what all the docs say but we know that to deal with all the aunties and people who have already graduated to asking about your babies on your wedding day …you will need to spike your drink or sneak one just to hold onto sanity. Just try and stop at one or dilute it.
If you want to go deeper into your pre-wedding meal plans - it might be a good idea to identify your body type and eat food accordingly. According to Ayurveda, our bodies are made up of 3 doshas – vata, pitta and kapha. And this doshic makeup determines what kind of food you should take for a healthy life and general well-being. So now let’s take a look at pre-wedding diet for these body types:
Vata personalities are characterized by light built, dry skin and they are naturally creative. They tend to suffer from stress and digestive problems like constipation, bloating and gas.
You should focus on nourishing foods (rice, quinoa, etc.) cooked in small quantities and soups & hot drinks before and after meals. Opt for sweet fruits like bananas, apples, mangoes, etc. You can take infusions of ginger, cinnamon, cumin or cardamom in water to keep your tummy happy! Take a light dinner around 7 pm.
Pitta personalities have medium athletic built and are considered as the most-balanced dosha but are vulnerable to anger, skin problems, premature greying and gastric reflux.
Pittas have excellent digestion and can eat anything without having to worry about gaining kilos! But avoid alcohol at all costs – especially during lunchtime. Also limit your intake of spices like chili, pepper and ginger around this time.
A kapha personality is characterized by a heavy built and they are usually routine-oriented.
You can skip breakfast if you’d like to – two meals will be sufficient for you. As a rule, you should avoid foods containing refined sugar and opt for soups, bell peppers, pepper and ginger. Opt for lean meats and avoid red meats at all costs!
Are you getting married this year? What are you doing to get that happy glow? Do let us know in the comments section: :)